Sunday 4 March 2007

What's it all about?

I've started this blog to allow me to keep people informed as to the progress of my Pulp Fiction era Skirmish Wargames Rules, tentatively titled "Pulp Friction". They are currently in the draft phase, and so far have recieved minimal play testing. Once I have finished the write-up of the draft phase, I will be posting them on-line, probably via a Yahoo Group, as a Pdf, so that gamers can download them and help me play test them. I'm hoping that people will be able to help me develop these rules into something that is playable.
I will also be posting photo's of my Pulp era figure, and terrain collection, once I get some photo's taken, and also reviewing the figures I have.

So what is Pulp Friction (PF for short)? Well it's a skirmish level wargame where each player controls a group of models representing the various characters in their Gang, with a gang having somewhere between 10 and 20 models.
The game is set in the late 1930's, with the main protagonists being the Nazi backed Thule-Gesellschaft, and the defenders of democracy - the Illuminati. I'm also working on other groups to be included in the game.
Initially the game will be set in Egypt, simply because most gamers are familiar with this ancient land, but I'm looking at bringing in other regions of interest to pulp gaming- India & the NW Frontier is one I'm interested in developing, as are certain parts of South America.

No comments: